Read AZ and the Lost City of Ophir, and share your pics for a chance to win.
I am thrilled with the positive response I’ve received about my new kids book, AZ and the Lost City of Ophir, the first novel in the Alliance of World Explorers series for middle-grade readers. It’s a rip-roaring, Indiana Jones-style adventure book where the three main characters must work together to find their way back home after a time traveling-mishap traps them in the lost city of Ophir. It’s an adventure learning tale I guarantee you and your kids will love. Plus, every copy sold supports No Kid Hungry, an organization dear to me that ensures children get the food they need, like healthy breakfast at school and free meals during the summertime.
Attention parents! For a chance to win an awesome prize pack, including a framed illustration from the book, all you need to do is:
1. Take a photo with AZ and the Lost City of Ophir
2. Post it on Instagram between March 6-20, 2019
3. Tag @chefaz and @nokidhungry, and use #AZWorldExplorer
Three winners will be announced on March 21!
Rules & Regulations
“AZ and the Lost City of Ophir” INSTAGRAM GIVEAWAY RULES AND REGULATIONS TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Giveaway is open only to those with an active Instagram account and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Giveaway is only open to legal residents of The United States of America, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Food Works, Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Food Works, Inc. as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Giveaway.
- Giveaway Period: Entries will be accepted starting on March 6, 2019 at 10:00AM Central Standard Time and ending March 20, 2019 at 10:00PM Central Standard Time. All entries must be received by March 20, 2019 at 10:00PM Central Standard Time.
- How to Enter: The Giveaway must be entered by: 1. Take a photograph of You with “AZ and the Lost City of Ophir” book and post it to Instagram; 2. Tag the photograph with @chefaz and @nokidhungry, and use the hashtag #AZWorldExplorer. The entry must fulfill all Giveaway requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Foods Works, Inc. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Food Works, Inc.
- Prizes: Three (3) winners will receive Andrew Zimmern swag bags with a variety of merchandise with a collective value of $100 each. Actual/appraised value of these prizes may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Food Works, Inc. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winners. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Food Works, Inc. to use Winner’s name, likeness, photograph and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Food Works, Inc.. Winners will be notified by Instagram message within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Food Works, Inc. shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to Instagram settings for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Giveaway is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT FOOD WORKS, INC.’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE GIVEAWAY, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Food Works, Inc., anyone acting on behalf of Food Works, Inc., and Food Works, Inc.’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Giveaway, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Food Works, Inc.. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Food Works, Inc. from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Food Works, Inc. may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Food Works, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, rule or regulation or other cause beyond Food Works, Inc.’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Giveaway. In such case, Food Works, Inc. may select the Winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Food Works, Inc. Food Works, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway, website or Instagram account or violates these Terms & Conditions. Food Works, Inc. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Giveaway, to void entries for any reason. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website, Instagram account or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Food Works, Inc. reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Food Works, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s violation of rules and regulations of the Giveaway; (ii) the participation in the Giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (iii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any mobile phone, computer, applicable, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iv) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (v) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (vi) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Giveaway IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND MINNESOTA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Giveaway, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Minnesota having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Giveaway). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winners’ names or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Food Works, Inc. 4931 West 35th Street, Suite 300, St. Louis Park, Minnesota 55416, The United States of America. Requests must be received no later than September 30, 2016.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Giveaway is Food Works, Inc. 4931 West 35th Street, Suite 300, St. Louis Park, Minnesota 55416, The United States of America.